lunes, 7 de junio de 2010

Future of Facebook

Facebook in 2012?

It’s a huge database of people; where they are from, where they went for high-school, college, masters, where they are, where they have been, when they were born, when they graduated, when they traveled, when they are going to travel, who they are friends with, who they love, who’s there family, who likes them, what they like to do, what makes them happy, I could go on for ever and that’s just what I think I have showed there.

This is a result of the market, what we felt like putting there, it made us visible, it made us connectable to others, SOCIALIZING!!!!!! What a powerful word, it gives us a sense of belonging, its an easy way to sell ourselves, its an easy way to go look for interesting people, I enjoy ours of looking at other’s pictures, comments, gossip, hehehehehe!!!

A friend of mine who is constantly going to internet conferences told me a secret (now public) he was told by person from “facebook”; CIA pays facebook for its data base. This was quite alarming to me when first heard but later I reasoned and seemed perfectly reasonable. Then I heard it was also available for companies when evaluating potential employees. This at first worried me for all those indecent pictures I had put of having euphoric fun which I erased shortly after. The final point is: facebook connects us in the most intimate way, I feel naked.

I dont think most people will get tired of exposing themselves or stop using such an easy way to communicate as facebook. There is a chance of another social network to come up with a different way to communicate with old friends, see what they are up to, or plan visits to their hometowns. Asmallworld.net is a more exclusive social network that brings a only invite membership, which invites are only possible after a period of time, but it is in no way comparable to facebook numbers.

I cannot picture a mayor privacy lawsuit against facebook. There are so many social networks complememnting each other. So I see facebook continuing to grow as it is now and some how connect the whole globe in one network. It has already overpassed google visits reaching 7% of market share.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

EXPLORE THE DOCS